Jay Biggz, TDexter, and LK

Jay Biggz, TDexter, and LK
Peep us!

Friday, October 23, 2009

RAPREVIEWS.COM REVIEWS SUNSET TERR

Sunset Terr :: A Prelude to Sunset Terr :: Nightbreed Entertainment
as reviewed by Eric Sirota
Throughout Sunset Terr's debut, "A Prelude to Sunset Terr," this DC Metro hip-hop foursome, comprised of producer/rapper LK and MCs Tilden, Dexter, Jay Biggz, and Aapex, brag about the fact that they don't curse. I don't think anything is wrong with cursing. I fucking curse all the time. For no reason. Cock. Nothing's wrong with swearing. And usually, I wouldn't take well to this sort of petty moralizing. Just last week, I panned Khalil's debut for its self-righteous piety. The point is, I should hate this album.
But I don't hate this album. I like this album. A lot. While I usually am not so into MCs that mostly rap about rapping and how they are much better and nicer and smarter rappers than everyone else, there are a few things about "Prelude" that get me past this b-boy posturing to the point that I actually find it charming.
The first thing that makes "PST" more than a typical album is the production. If you locked Danger Mouse, Prince Paul, El-P and the Postal Service in a room together, the result would sound something like this record. MORE

CLICK LINK TO READ THE ENTIRE REVIEW.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage any and all comments. This will enable me to provide viewers with the best experience possible.

Mic Check

"In My City" by LK

"Where You At"

"THE P.I.F.F INTRO"

SUNSET TERR - PIFF INTRO VIDEO SHOOT BEHIND THE SCENES

"2 Step Vibe"

"The Booom Rocks"